Sunday, June 15, 2008

Forgotten objects

I actually finished these items ages ago, right after I said I was going to make them. I ended up with only one bib and burp cloth set. They were incredibly fiddly to make and I wasn't really happy with the results. The bib came out a little wonky because of the stretchy knit material. It was a pain to sew.

One finished item that turned out much better was this little oven mitt I sewed for Baby Girl. She got a plastic kitchen for her birthday and some accessories. The funniest was a little potholder that came with her pots and pans. She'd make everyone back away as she opened her oven door, shouted "Hot! Hot!", and carefully removed the pots with her potholder. I'd let her pick out this fat quarter at a fabric store a week or so earlier and didn't know what to do with it until I witnessed the above. I decided she needed an oven mitt so she wouldn't get "burned." I whipped this out in about 20 minutes from start to finish and it's even quilted! It was a lot of fun and Baby Girl loves it. You can't tell from the picture but it's about 6 inches long at the longest point, just right for Baby Girl's little hands with some extra room for growing.



1 comment:

dottie angel said...

hi Shanda,

not quite sure how to get hold of you...but i'm trying this way :)

you won first prize on my 'dottie' give away and i just need your details so i can send you the cushion cover...you can contact me at tif@dottieangel.com

thanks, Tif

The ramblings of a crafty soul...